Sunday, February 16, 2014

Walmart fat bike

So, this is interesting.
 Rumor on the streets is Mongoose will be releasing a sub 300$ fat bike called the "Dolomite." Sporting a 1x7 drivetrain, threadless fork, and disc brakes. Supposed to be available Feb. 23. Now I know what you're thinking! A Walgoose? Come on! Well, the original Mongoose beast has a cult following. A cult following that has welded on their own disc mounts, v-brake mounts, who knows what else. I've seen people who've cut them in half and welded them back together to make them longer.All while laughing and having fun. I could see myself having fun on this... Especially at night during snow storms. Cruising around empty Main St.  Will it turn around your hatred for Walgooses, or fan the flames?

4 comments:

  1. yup. random web search as I got my info from the same place as you most likely.

    After the success of the Beast, followed by sub 1k Fatbikes, I think the market is ripe for a niche bike like this at a super low price point.

    I'll be ordering at least 1 the day they are released.

    ReplyDelete

  2. On Sunday, I almost pulled the trigger on a nashbar fat bike. But the money vs time i would actually spend on the bike isn't justifiable. I think. I don't know but, a 1k$ is alot to spend on your first time smoking crack.
    I want a bike to screw around the streets after a fresh snow. This will be perfect. Haters are gonna hate but, I don't care. I think the original beast and how much of a hit it's been is enough for me to give it a go.
    I've heard they'll ship out march 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting in vain for this bike. Not on walmart.com as of yet. My beast has been so much fun with just one gear, it has to be better with seven!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And disc brakes and thread less headset... Rumor is this week!

      Delete