Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How to keep your feet warm... Or at least try

 
Yeah, that's my shoe. I used gaffers tape and a bag my wife got from Gap. I Cut a piece to fit under my insole. Wrapped the toe cover in plastic and taped up all the vent holes. This plus shoe covers. I use the Pearl Izumi Mtb barrier Elites. They work well. They velcro around the back for a seamless front to maximize wind blockage

They're a tad pricey but, I knew I was going to be riding in sub zero temperatures and wanted the "best." These plus, those neoprene socks I got a few weeks ago, along with a wool type work sock, keep my feet pretty dang warm. Now, you do wool sock first. Then neoprene sock. This is something I did not know and had to research to find out. My feet usually feel wet by the end of my ride but, not cold. I'm not sure how it would fair in a longer ride situation. I'm usually only in the saddle for about 45 minutes max on my commutes so, keep that in mind. Hopefully, this keeps your feet warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment