Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Changing it up

For a while now I've been telling the wife that the base layer shirts I have while effective in wicking moisture away and keeping me at temperature; I never get that comfy cozy warm feeling. I have one pair of base layer pants that have a thin felt type like inside. These work perfectly. Well, today she picked me up a shirt similar to those pants. I'm on the fence about using it tomorrow. This morning it was -1f with a -15f degree wind chill. It was cold. I remembered to wear a long John shirt over my layers and between my jacket but, failed to do that in between my pant layers. Big mistake! My legs were freezing. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder and I'm not so sure about messing with what works already. I might do a thin base, the new softer one, then my jacket and nix the long John.
Were expecting 6-12" of snow Wednesday night to Thursday plus, an inch of ice. You'd think I lived in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment