Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dolomite is on it's way!

My Mongoose Dolomite should be here the end of the day on the 11th! Can't wait. I already got my spare parts waiting on the work bench to go on it. I'm going to drill the wheels out per fat-bike.com's instructions before I even put them on. Of course once I get it, spring will be rearing it's beautiful head around the corner. Average temp for the beginning of this week will be in the 50s. I'm actually going to be able to shed some layers for the commute in to work! Of course by the end of the week there is a chance of snow with lows in the 20s.
Speaking of commuting. I got a flat tire on the front last week. I fixed it rode it a few times, just went out to the shed to toy around and it was flat again. ugh. There are a cuts in the tire. So I switched out the Mavic Aksion tire that came with the rim to a more burly 25mm all weather tire that came with the bike when I got it. Hopefully, I like it. I think I should be rolling on a fatter tire anyway. Anyone have a recommendation on a 28c tire?
Remember my cracked shoe? Well I finally took it to the LBS. I thought I was going to have to take it in and wait for the Mavic rep to look at it for the warranty stuff. That's the way the LBS made it sound. So I was going to wait til it was warmer and could switch out to my too snug road shoes. I decided to take them in on Saturday. He swapped them out for a brand new pair of a different model. saweet! New stuff is always fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment